Collated Survey Responses:
Total survey – 122
60, street survey
62, online survey- Link to our online survey questions: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/F68BDRY
- Age group: 14-39 years old.
- Occupation: Students,Civil servant, Sales Executive, Child Care Teacher,Assistant Photographer, Camp Trainer, Technical Consultant, Ns man,Business Development Manager, finance consultant, Educational Officer, Entertainer.
- % of social media platform users: 93.5%
- % of non-social media platform users: 6.5%
Some of the Questions asked:
Findings from the online survey:
A large percentage of people access through the social media platform via the smartphone applications and internet.
The voting results between Fashion portal, Food portal and Sharing of latest promotions/deals theme on social media platform: Majority chose Sharing of latest promotions/deals.
The top preference in the features to be used on social media platform are:
1. Follower features (Friend list)
2. Sharing of information (Uploading images/video/posting etc)
3. Reposting feature (to other social media platform)
4. Commenting feature
- Age group: 15-56 years old
- Occupation: 21 out of 60 are students, 17 out of 60 white collar workers and 22 out of 60 are blue collar workers.
- The voting results between Fashion portal, Food portal and Sharing of latest promotions/deals theme on social media platform: Majority chose Sharing of latest promotions/deals. ( Same as online survey responses)
Suggestions and Feedbacks ( Both online and street survey) :
•Art related activities (e.g. showcasing the latest and current performing art gigs, exhibition, art fairs, seminar and promotions with regards to art materials such as paints and pain brushes and performing arts tickets).
•Gaming (e.g. latest gaming info, or cheat codes. Forum like setting whereby a gamer could interact with other fellow gamers).
•Travel Guide (e.g. a website that acts as and information centre to travellers, equipped with the latest information such as accommodation, places of interest and other happenings)
•Events (e.g. Impromptu notice about the latest events be it in the clubbing scene, concerts, movie screening or parties).
•Music site (e.g. a platform that generate/offer all the existing music clips, somewhat similar to the gaming site).
•Blog shop (allowing individual to sell and buy online).
•Halal Food Portal
•News and World Updates
- Majority being surveyed are user of social media platform. Most popular are Facebook followed by Twitter and Tumblr.
- 80% surveyed are frequently on the social media platform
- Majority get to know of the social media platform through friends and family.